An update on how the Manosphere has changed since 2020.
Theme: Identity, Image, and Impressions
Length: 700 words
Reading Time: 3 minutes
At the end of 2018, I predicted a new era of Red Pill awareness.
“MGTOW will continue running strong during this time, and Christian RP, and Married RP will slowly pick up steam. We’re still waiting for a RP Fathers group to kick in. I anticipate that the substance of RP topics will turn to be more personal, and more context oriented.”
It’s been 3.5 years since then. I was right about MGTOW and that RP topics would become more personal and context oriented. But ever since the great RP schism of 2020, the Christian RP has just been hanging on by a thread, and Married RP is almost totally obliterated. There’s no sign of RP Fathers yet.
Here are some changes since my last assessment of the Manosphere in Moon Day Review – The Manosphere Reshuffles its Deck (2020-9-2). I have not included blogs that went down before then. Also, there are a lot of new YouTube channels and Vblogs that are not included here.
(The authors no longer post with regular frequency.)
- It’s Good to be a Man
- Krauser PUA
- Laughing at Feminism (Sharkly)
- Radix Fidem (Ed Hurst)
- Sub-Created Worlds (J. J. Griffing)
(The authors have ceased writing new posts.)
- Alpha Jedi
- Chateau Heartiste
- Derek L. Ramsey
- Fabius Maximus
- Illimitable Men
- SFC Ton
- Sharkly’s expose of Whitewater Community Church
- Talon’s Rest
- The Autistic Gamer
- The Biblicist Report (from the author of Biblical Gender Roles)
- The New Modern Man
- The Private Man
- The Rational Male
- Warren Farrell
(The web domain has been deleted, defunded, or deplatformed.)
13 Manosphere / Red Pill blogs have gone under.
- Athol Kay
- Black Label Logic
- Dark Brightness
- Do What’s Right (Ed Hurst)
- Freedom from the Gynocracy AKA Omega Virgin Revolt
- Joshua’s Path
- Larry’s Musings
- Red Pill Theory
- Texas Dom
- The Illiberal Liberal
- v5k2c2 (Boxer)
3 Femosphere blogs have folded up.
I’ve found 12 new Based / Red Pill blogs, and 2 Aggregators / Archives (indicated by an asterisk) that I thought were worthy of adding to the blogroll.
- Biblical Sexology
- Catacomb Resident
- Men of Grit (Jerry)
- Natsab (Pete Rambo)
- Red Pill Rabbi
- Stage in the Sky (Rock Kitaro)
- The Abbey of Misrule (Paul Kingsnorth)
- The Pulse
- The Red Archive*
- The Upheaval (N. S. Lyons)
- Truth and Tolerance
- A Father’s Journey has relocated to Uncharted Father (T. Wayne Hicks)
- On 2022 May 24, Gunner Q was kicked off of WordPress for posting a link to a sh00ter’s man!festo. His new blog is Gunner Q2.
- Malcolm the Cynic‘s new blog is The Mechanical Dragon (Anthony Marchetta).
- The Red Quest has resumed posting with greater frequency.
Still Going Strong
(The authors continue to produce new posts on a regular basis.)
- Amerika (Brett Stevens, et al.)
- Biblical Gender Roles
- Captain Capitalism (Aaron Clarey)
- Christianity and Masculinity (Deep Strength)
- Didact’s Reach
- Eric Conn
- Full Metal Patriarchy
- Jim’s Blog
- Marriage, Sex, and More (M. J. Davis)
- Mogadishu Matt
- Paul Elam
- Pushing Rubber Downhill (Adam Piggott)
- Red Pill Dad
- Rob Says…
- Roosh V
- Roosh V Forum
- Snapper TRX
- Soviet Men
- Spawny’s Space
- The Family Alpha (Zac)
- The Male Factor
- The Masculinist (Aaron Renn)
- The Orthosphere
- The Other McCain
- The 96th Thesis (Matthew E. Cochran)
- To Reclaim Normality (Feeriker)
- Vox Popoli
- Whiskey Tango Texas
- Whores and Ale
- Wintery Knight
As you can see, there is a much greater number of Manosphere/Red Pill blogs making an exit than are making a debut. 34 going out, and 14 coming in, compared to 36 remaining steady over a 21-month span. This is a slightly bigger turnover than the last time, in which there were 34 going out, 10 coming in, and 38 remaining steady over the previous 21 months!
All these changes have left the “RP Marriage” category on the Σ Frame blogroll empty! Not surprising, since the topic of marriage has become extremely unpopular these days.
As of now, there are very few remaining authors of the Christian Manosphere who are continuing to produce insights with respect to Biblical proscriptions of masculinity, morality, and the spiritual significance of various topics (e.g. parenting, effective fatherhood, life-purpose, sanctification, etc.). Our numbers are down, but we’re not done yet. I believe there is still much more to be examined through a Biblical RP lens.
- Σ Frame: Zeitgeist Report 2018 (2018-4-15)
- Σ Frame: The Evolution of the Red Pill (2018-12-31)
- Σ Frame: Moon Day Review – The Manosphere Reshuffles its Deck (2020-9-2)