An overview of the many sweeping changes that 2018 has brought to the online men’s space.
Summary: As of 2018, the Manosphere met its demise, and its remnants are now undergoing a metamorphosis to form the Androsphere. This turnover brings a new dawning age of Red Pill awareness.
The Demise of the Manosphere
2018 brought many sweeping changes to the Red Pill sphere. In fact, the Manosphere experienced such a shake down, that things haven’t been the same since. All of this reached its zenith in October, and then exploded in a supernova of bannings and defundings in November.
This follows a long period of attrition between 2015 and 2018, in which the vast majority of the classic Manosphere bloggers bowed out of service. Now, only a handful of the most prolific and noteworthy bloggers remain.
Here’s a shortlist of the transformations and turnovers that I’ve noticed.
- The author of Wimminz died from lung cancer sometime in late March.
- Alex Jones was banned from Apple, Facebuck, Spotify, and YouTube at the beginning of August.
- Jason closed down Air Strip One sometime in September without any word of warning or farewell.
- Matthew (the author of Zippy Catholic), passed away on September 18.
- Roosh boxed up Return of Kings on October 1.
- RP Reddit sites, including as TRP and MRP were quarantined in early November, 2018.
- In early November, Big John MGTOW gave a failed interview to CNN, which seemed to cast a spell over the internet’s Man Space.
- Free speech on Gab has been fighting for its life against Fatebook, PayPal, and Tweeter.
- After suspending American Dad for a few months, Scott deleted his site in late December. We wish him and his family the best.
- Also in late December, M. J. Davis at Doing Marriage Right made his blog private. This is really unfortunate, because a lot of married men could benefit from his experience and insights. We will miss him. [Update: Due to popular demand, Davis has returned!]
Starting in mid-November, MGTOW channels and other purveyors of Red Pill knowledge began being censored en masse, including the following.
- Sandman had his entire YouTube channel demonetized.
- In mid-November, The New Modern Man was defunded by WordPress and decommissioned by GoFundMe. He hasn’t posted anything since the end of November.
- On November 23, Matt Forney was banned on YouTube.
Moreover, there seems to be an increasing and foreboding uncertainty about the survivability of many RP sites. Many bloggers are considering contingency plans, in the event that they are censored or deplatformed.
Even the term “Manosphere” has become unpopular… even within the Manosphere! The new word being used for the online men’s Red Pill space is the “Androsphere”. This is not just a semantic change. We are now experiencing a seismological shift in the constitutive blogs of the sphere, and the world has taken note of it’s impact. A lot of bloggers are feeling it, and have said so, including Red Pill Girl, and Saving Eve.
In view of these many far reaching changes, I will venture to declare that after a decade strong, 2018 has spelled the end of the Manosphere as it has been known. May the foundational precepts they introduced live forever in the hearts of men.
The Metamorphosis to the Androsphere
The demise of the Manosphere does not mean that the online male space will disappear altogether, nor will its repository of intellectual underpinnings pass away. Rather, there shall arise a new generation of passionate men who are dedicated to the glorification of masculine endeavors. These men will continue to revitalize the ancient wisdom specific to an unapologetically new patriarchal culture in the West.
Hail the Androsphere!
Here’s a shortlist of new appearances within the Androsphere that I’ve noticed.
- In February, 2017, A King’s Castle was introduced with the purpose of reaching the next generations.
- Gunner Q is fairly new on the scene, debuting around the same time as Σ Frame in October, 2017.
- Although he started up in 2016, Red Pilled Rob dedicated himself to blogging heavily towards the end of 2017.
- The Solitary Wolf, a high quality MGTOW site, started up in August, 2018.
- In early October, 2018, Lexet decided to expand further into RP topics.
- Dark Brightness had a Trojan (or something similar) that forced him to restart his blog on another server (for the fifth time). His new blog, which debuted on October 19, 2018, is called, In Times Like These.
- In the Autumn of 2018, Larry’s Musings updated his site layout with a greater focus on Christian Marriage.
- Derek Ramsey picked up the pace of blogging at the beginning of December, 2018.
So a new era of Red Pill awareness is now proclaimed over this coming decade. MGTOW will continue running strong during this time, and Christian RP, and Married RP will slowly pick up steam. We’re still waiting for a RP Fathers group to kick in. I anticipate that the substance of RP topics will turn to be more personal, and more context oriented.
Σ Frame has seen a surge of hits on posts related to marital discipline, courtship models, and of course, various intersexual dynamics. Of particular note, the post on What To Do When A Girl Tries To Make You Jealous (April 22, 2018), is now the top ranked post, by far. Honestly, I have been saddened by this, because it shows how severely men are suffering from the workings of the Feminist dominated culture.
This serves to further motivate me to talk from my own experience, to describe what I have struggled with, and to tell how I have overcome. I know this is what you need to hear.
“I write to you, fathers,
Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.
I write to you, young men,
Because you have overcome the wicked one.
I write to you, little children,
Because you have known the Father.”
“I have written to you, fathers,
Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.
I have written to you, young men,
Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you,
And you have overcome the wicked one.” ~ 1 John 2:13-14 (NKJV)
As the institution of marriage continues to founder, and as single parent family structures expand in number, there will be an increasing hoard of young men desperately in need of masculine role models and male-led instruction concerning Frame.
I urge men everywhere to take the time to speak to younger men, and to invite them on the masculine journey of life. MGTOW’s included! Find a young man without a friend or father figure, and transform the trajectory of his life with your kindhearted, generous, masculine presence.
You may find strength of purpose, and a friend for life!
- Dalrock: What is the Manosphere? (May 15, 2013)
- Notes from a Red Pill Girl: Post Red Pill? (November 17, 2018)
- Saving Eve: 3 Big Changes (November 17, 2018)
- The New Modern Man: Americans Shop, Eat Out, and Masturbate as Their Nation is Destroyed and Their Freedoms Stripped From Them (November 22, 2018)
- Red Pilled Rob: Your Voice (December 31, 2018)