We’re taking a new approach towards developing a working model of Christian courtship. We see the development of a dialectic here to sway future generations.
One thing that the Church, and young Christians need the most these days, is a trustworthy path towards a solid marriage. Right now, young people are forced to play by the world’s playbook if they ever hope to establish any type of relationship with the opposite sex. The Church should be offering an alternative, but our current leaders of established religion are not taking sufficient action towards developing a working, God honoring model of courtship to be institutionalized.
The present system, which is little more than an informally institutionalized cuck generator, would probably have continued on indefinitely, but then along comes those Christian Manospherians, Dalrock, Donal Graeme, Zippy Catholic, et al., throwing a monkey wrench into Fe-Mini-Satan’s machine.
But we’re not quite there yet. The problem has been starkly revealed, but there has been little progress towards formulating any alternative models. Among those speaking out against this plague, they’re telling us what Courtship is not, and not what Courtship is. So many readers are yet dissatisfied with RP progress.
The Wizard Wayne of Sigma Frame, along with a loose cooperation of a few other RP blog lords, are attempting to lay out all the options in order that people may see for themselves that God’s way is best. It may not seem like that in some of the presentation, but I am sure that the conclusion will come to that. I also expect to find further details about the implementation of the various courtship models.
In other words, let’s lay it all on the table, so that we can give people a clear, well informed choice. Set them free from the bondage of confusion.
Even for those people who do not come to the conclusion that God’s way is best, then at least they will know why Christians believe so, and being better informed, they will be better able to take responsibility for their own choices.
Articles offering contributions to this endeavor include the following.
- Dr. Leslie McFall: Good Order in the Church (1998)
- Christianity and Masculinity: Authority, submission, obedience, and servanthood (June 30, 2014)
- Christianity and Masculinity: God and marriage (July 8, 2014)
- Christianity and Masculinity: Marriage Structures (April 15, 2016)
- Derek Ramsey: What constitutes Biblical marriage? (February 1, 2018)
- Biblical Gender Roles: What is the difference between Courting and Dating? (September 29, 2018)
- Σ Frame: “Biblical” Models of Courtship (September 30, 2018)
- Σ Frame: Models of Courtship and Marital Structure (October 3, 2018)
- Σ Frame (Lexet): Courtship and Power (October 4, 2018; reposted on February 17, 2020)
- Σ Frame (Lexet): Yes, women lust too (October 5, 2018)
- Σ Frame: Tingles = Respect (October 6, 2018)
- Σ Frame: Meretricious Power and the Tingle (October 9, 2018)
- Christianity and Masculinity: Opting in to the Biblical framework for marriage (October 11, 2018)
- Lexet: Book Review: Courtship in Crisis (October 21, 2018)
- Lexet: What established a marriage? (October 24, 2018)
- Σ Frame: The Feminine Dilemma (October 27, 2018)
- Christianity and Masculinity: Biblical Marital Perspectives (October 30, 2018)
- Christianity and Masculinity: Your future wife should be happy to take your last name (November 4, 2018)
- Σ Frame: The Feminine Typecasts of Men (November 12, 2018)
- Σ Frame: The Parable of the Pie (November 17, 2018)
- Lexet: On Modesty, 2.0 (December 13, 2018)
- Christianity and Masculinity: Attachment theory and Big Five Personality traits (January 1, 2019)
- Lexet: Problem: Decline of Marriage (January 3, 2019)
- Christianity and Masculinity: Civil marriage and private marriage (January 18, 2019)
- Lexet: On persecution (January 20, 2019)
- Christianity and Masculinity: Rank your Patriarchy level (January 21, 2019)
- Christianity and Masculinity: Headship in concept and practice (January 24, 2019)
- Σ Frame: On the discernment and wisdom of true morality (February 2, 2019)
- Σ Frame: Time frames for various forms of sexual bonding and maturation (February 5, 2019)
- Christianity and Masculinity: Christianity, chivalry, feminism, game, complementarianism, and egalitarianism (February 13, 2019)
- Christianity and Masculinity: The over-spiritualization of dating (February 15, 2019)
- Σ Frame: They’re telling us what courtship is not, and not what courtship is (February 19, 2019)
- Σ Frame: Scott’s conclusions on courtship and marriage incubation (February 24, 2019)
- Lexet: Some questions to consider when selecting a wife (February 24, 2019)
- Lexet: Reforming divorce laws (February 24, 2019)
- Σ Frame (Lexet): Christian vs. non-Christian women (February 24, 2019; reblogged on February 8, 2020)
- Lexet: Theories on single women in the church (February 25, 2019)
- Σ Frame: Called to return from exile (February 28, 2019)
- Σ Frame: Ed Hurst’s series: Return to Eden (2019 March 16)
- Σ Frame (Lexet): Christian vs. Non-Christian Women – A Negligeeable Difference (2019 March 20)
- Σ Frame: The True Ontology of Power (2019 May 16)
- Σ Frame: The Parable of the Pressure Cooker (2019 June 7)
- Σ Frame: Lest we forget, Marriage was once intended to Glorify God (2019 August 8)
- Σ Frame: The Sinful Savior Complex (2019 August 12)
- Σ Frame: On the Spiritual Significance and Social Value of Game (2019 November 3)
- Σ Frame: Somewhere Down the Mystic River (2019 November 23)
- Σ Frame (Lexet): Yes, Women Lust Too (2019 December 6)
- Σ Frame: Why does Game work? (2019 December 9)
- Σ Frame: The proper and fitting way for women to infiltrate Male spaces (2020 January 9)
- Cornerstone: No Kissing (2020 January 24)
- Cornerstone: Characteristics of Courtship (2020 February 2)
- Cornerstone: Men Before Marriage (2020 February 2)
- Cornerstone: Maybe We Should Have Arranged Marriages? (2020 February 2)
- Cornerstone: Control The Money (2020 February 2)
I appreciate Lexet’s thoughtful critique and analysis of my posts on this subject. From the appearance of his work, he’s involved with the legal profession in some capacity. I could also believe that he’s an elder in his church.
Deep Strength has done a lot of studies to this end, and has contributed a lot to this topic. His blog, Christianity and Masculinity, is the most extensive Biblical source of the Manosphere concerning male-female relations.
Scott K. of American Dad fame has already made some progress towards introducing an institutionalized courtship procedure for Orthodox Christians (only). Before that, he spearheaded a concerted effort on a site called Courtship Pledge. Unfortunately, this site crashed, and the contribution was not recovered. For more information on this, see the links below.
Stay tuned for more updates.