A report of all the responses to this month’s theme of Redemption.
Readership: All; Men;
Theme: Redemptive Headship and Masculinity
Length: 1,600 words
Reading Time: 9 minutes
This theme / series has received an overwhelming response from the Manosphere.
- Catacomb Resident: Redemption Is Not Convenient (2022-8-13)
- Radix Fidem: Redemption and Typology (2022-8-16)
- Catacomb Resident: Time to Grow Up (2022-8-20)
- Derek L. Ramsey: Sanctified Marriage: Part 1 (2022-8-29)
- Σ Frame: Red Pill Redemption (2022-9-5)
- Adam Piggott: This Vagabond Life (2022-9-6)
- Σ Frame: The 13 Harbingers of Masculine Doom (2022-9-7)
- Okrahead: Against Bitterness (Red Pill Redemption 1) (2022-9-7)
- Okrahead: Things to Read (Red Pill Redemption 2) (2022-9-8)
- Σ Frame: Bastards (2022-9-9)
- Σ Frame: On Choosing the Flesh over Christ (2022-9-10)
- Okrahead: On Forgiveness (Red Pill Redemption 3) (2022-9-10)
- Catacomb Resident: Idolatry of Self-indulgence (2022-9-11)
- Σ Frame: The Ever Looming Black Pill (2022-9-12)
- Derek L. Ramsey: Sanctified Marriage: Part 2 (2022-9-12)
- Σ Frame: What is the Black Pill? (2022-9-13)
- Σ Frame: The Black Pill is the Natural Outcome of the Secular Mating Paradigm (2022-9-14)
- Adam Piggott: The Two Obstacles to Redemption (2022-9-14)
- Okrahead: In a Hopeless World… Be the Hope (2022-9-14)
- Σ Frame: Black Pill Competition (2022-9-15)
- Σ Frame: Scott is not Black Pilled (2022-9-16)
- Okrahead: On Faith (2022-9-16)
- Σ Frame: The Black Pill as a Socio-Sexual Phenomenon (2022-9-17)
- Σ Frame: Current Homesteads for the Faithful Few? (2022-9-18)
- Catacomb Resident: What Should We Do? 03 (2022-9-18)
- Derek L. Ramsey: Redemption (2022-9-18)
- Stage in the Sky: Redemption: Why Should Millennials and Gen-Z Care about This? (2022-9-18)
- Σ Frame: Analysis Paralysis is the Gateway to the Abyss (2022-9-19)
- Okrahead: On Apostasy (2022-9-19)
- Σ Frame: Metaphysical Literacy (2022-9-21)
- Spawny’s Space (Cill): The Fortunate (2022-9-21)
- Σ Frame: Earthquakes (2022-9-23)
- Okrahead: Freedom Isn’t Free, and Grace Isn’t Cheap (2022-9-23)
- Σ Frame: Sitting on the Fence (2022-9-26)
- Bardelys the Magnificent’s testimony (2022-9-27)
- Σ Frame: Restoring Respect (2022-9-28)
- Σ Frame: Understanding Respect (2022-9-29)
- Stage in the Sky: Should Christians “Accept” Rappers and Reformed Porn Stars? (2022-9-29)
- Christianity and Masculinity: What does redemption look like for men in churchianity (2022-10-10)
Rock Kitaro created an excellent video that sums up all the aspects of Redemption as a topic.
Stage in the Sky Creations (Rock Kitaro): Redemption and the Christian Red Pill (2022-9-26)
Overall, most of the topics discussed this month have been about circumstances or issues that prevent men from finding redemption, and/or problems to be overcome in the process. A few have discussed confession, repentance, forgiveness, and faith.
To sum up all the posts and discussions, the most noteworthy current issues that prevent men from finding redemption include…
- A lack of faith / Purpose / vision.
- Anger, Bitterness, Despair, Envy, Jealousy.
- Failure to exercise Headship within marriage.
- Spiritual Abuse / Witchcraft within the church.
- Christian Masculinity is a lost art and discipline.
- Failure to discover, develop, and/or defend one’s personal Domain.
- A lack of cohesion, mutual support, and Unity within the Body of Christ and within marriage.
- Misplaced priorities / A preoccupation with walking in the flesh / Choosing the things of this world over the eternal.
- The converged church / Churchianity is a red herring distraction from Zoe (life in the Spirit) and redemption, if not worse.
- Failure to observe Biblical / Covenant boundaries, which leaves one open to defilement, demonic attack, injustice, and loss.
- Indecision and inaction concerning one’s purpose and place. This includes a failure to choose an appropriate setting / social group in which one can develop one’s self-identity as a Christian man.
- Wallowing in the Black Pill — a comfort zone of bitterness, self-rejection, and a lack of faith. (Taking the Black Pill may be unavoidable for many men, but the key for pulling through it is to turn from the bitterness and despondency, find faith, develop a new identity in Christ, and pursue a renewed purpose.)
- The lack of Honor and Respect being shown to Christian Men for their accomplishments in the spirit (e.g. spiritual discernment, discipline, maturity, etc.) and in the flesh (e.g. competition, developing valuable skills, physical fitness, reputation, status, etc.).
- Failure to pursue a path towards Respect (as described in the last two posts). The paths to Respect that were identified include: (1) Developing Strength within one’s Domain of influence (e.g. Headship), (2) Pursuing a Calling / Purpose leading to the development of skills that are expressed through service, (3) Finding Honor / Reputation / Status through competition, courage, heroism, etc. (If possible, pursuing more than one path is better.)
- In sociality, the propensity for Christians to value, prioritize, honor, and glorify that which the world sets forth as beautiful, honorable, and valuable (e.g. Convenience, Gnostic notions, material wealth and the pride of life, the obsession with libido, Sex and sex appeal, top SMV Chads / immoral men, etc.). On the other side of this counterfeit coin is the general hesitancy of Christians to accept those who are weaker in faith or who are not exceptional by the world’s standards.
- Added: The Quiet Desperation of the Autopilot (2022-10-1) Man’s propensity to wait in expectation, but never taking the action to work out the issues necessary to make their desires and hopes into reality.
Thanks to everyone who participated in this month’s theme, bloggers, commenters, and readers alike.
- Kairos (Brian Niemeier): Witch Test Refresher (2022-9-7)