What is your place in God’s Kingdom?
Readership: All; Christians; Young Men;
Theme (December): Giving the gift of yourself to others.
Author’s Note: This post has received some input from Ed Hurst.
Length: 500 words
Reading Time: 2 minutes
In the emailbox, a younger reader writes,
“I remember you writing something recently (either part of a post or a comment) about how each man has a certain “domain” that God has for him to have “authority” over. I think I’m getting the gist correct but not sure. Does this ring a bell? If so, can you point me to the post to review? Or explain what you mean by that?”
I am sure the Lord is bringing this comment to your remembrance.
The concept of having a spiritual domain is something I picked up from reading Ed Hurst’s writings at Radix Fidem. Here is one of his posts that describes the basic concept.
- Radix Fidem: The Moral Principle of Domain (2013-01-30)
Ed says that the essence of spiritual warfare is in identifying, developing, and defending one’s domain. He has an entire series on this that I would recommend you to read, but the last post in this series has one paragraph that sums it up. You might want to read this post first, and then go back to read the rest of the series.
- Radix Fidem: Spiritual Warfare 1 (2021-08-08)
- Radix Fidem: Spiritual Warfare 2 (2021-08-09)
- Radix Fidem: Spiritual Warfare 3 (2021-08-10)
- Radix Fidem: Spiritual Warfare 4 (2021-08-11)
- Radix Fidem: Spiritual Warfare 5 (2021-08-12)
- Radix Fidem: Spiritual Warfare 6 (2021-08-13)
- Radix Fidem: Spiritual Warfare 7 (2021-08-15)
- Radix Fidem: Spiritual Warfare: Epilogue (2021-08-16)
The purpose of having your own domain is for you to play an essential part in building and maintaining a covenant community. Ed has another series on this too.
- Radix Fidem: Protocol for Building a Covenant Community, Part 1 (2021-09-07)
- Radix Fidem: Protocol for Building a Covenant Community, Part 2 (2021-09-08)
A couple other posts that discuss some details of handling one’s domain.
- Radix Fidem: Some spiritual warfare how-to (2021-07-13)
- Radix Fidem: Stop the brother against brother stuff (2021-07-22)
You’re probably wondering how this fits into the process of finding a wife. I don’t think Ed has written about this, but I would say that once you’ve established your domain, then you’ll be able to discern those women who come willingly into your domain, and who would be an asset to your mission. From there, it comes down to reading IOIs and prayer, specifically as to whether the two of you can share the hope of His calling (Ephesians 1:15-23). (You’ll have to pray about this for a while to understand what this means. It’s not something that anyone can describe or tell you.) I think this is what it means to be together “in the Lord” (as mentioned in 1st Corinthians 7:39).
- Σ Frame (Jack): The Meet Cute Phenomenon (Scott’s Axiom) (2020-12-6)
- Σ Frame: (Richard P): A Mystical Approach to Meta Reality (2021-03-19)
- Σ Frame (NovaSeeker): Viewpoints on Man’s Confusion about How God Works in the Life of a Believer (2021-03-29)