The Red Pill is equivalent to profanity. Only talk about it with those you trust.
The Red Pill is going Mainstream
Scott’s recent post posed the question, What is preventing the Red Pill from going mainstream? (2021-07-17).
In this post, Scott’s main point is that Red Pill theories are not being examined in academia as a scientific research subject, and he gives several reasons about why this is. I will not argue about that. I do think intersexual dynamics need to be diligently studied and further understood from a scientific viewpoint, if that is even possible.
However, I disagree that Red Pill theories are not going mainstream.
We can define “mainstream” as “the ideas, attitudes, or activities that are regarded as normal or conventional; the dominant trend in opinion, fashion, or the arts.” “Mainstream” is that which is part of the body of knowledge and discussion among the general public; things and ideas that are generally known and understood to most people.
The reason I think RP is mainstream is because all men pretty much know at least two core RP tenets:
- Marriage is a bad deal for men.
When you think about it a little more, most of RP is within many if not most men’s working knowledge. They just don’t call it Red Pill or Game or Manosphere.
Think about it.
- “Divorce is horrible – I have to pay like 50% of my salary in child support and alimony! The alimony will last another 3 years!” = Divorce rape.
- “Even Christian girls are sleeping around.” = Observations of female nature and hypergamy.
- “Girls keep breaking up with me, I don’t seem to be good enough” = Hypergamy
- “Girls reject nice guys till they can’t get the hot guys to marry them, then they pick a nice guy they rejected 10 years before” = AF/BB
- “Girls say they are attracted to nice guys; then they ride off on the back of Harley McBadboy’s bike. Girls are lying when they say they’re attracted to nice men” = “Don’t listen to what girls say; watch what they do”
- “Marriage isn’t a good deal for men. Men should not marry.” = MGTOW
- Movies like “About Last Night”, “Blue Valentine”, “Crazy, Stupid, Love”, and “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” show men exercising both Frame and Game.
Granted, not all men are Red Pilled as we would understand it. There is a huge difference between a Blue Pilled Alpha and a Red Pilled Alpha, for example. But my point is that the information is out there for anyone who wants to study it, and yes, a lot of men are discussing it, maybe not very seriously, but it is well known.
As a comparison, 20 years ago, every man was Blue Pilled, and there was almost no information out there to the contrary. Sure, some men had game, but they weren’t very well aware of it. Scott is a good example (or maybe I should say, was, years ago). It just comes naturally to him, and he never thought about it, and probably didn’t really understand it too well either. As long as chicks are coming, who cares, right?
What we have now is a greater awareness of the details and mechanisms of Red Pill dynamics. The point is that most men understand basic Red Pill, it’s just that only a small number of us have extensive theories about it and call it by the name “Red Pill”.
The Red Pill Offers a Silent Hope
“[The Red Pill isn’t being taken seriously and going mainstream] Because it doesn’t offer hope to average men and women. And most people. by definition, are average and cannot be the best, brightest, or most beautiful.
If everyone swallowed The Red Pill, things would be even worse than they are now. People need hope. Hope is how we keep going, what motivates us to take a chance on love.”
I agree that some things would get worse. I agree that the purpose of The Red Pill is not to provide hope to the masses. Yes, in fact it destroys hope.
But Elspeth’s viewpoint is only half the story. The Red Pill destroys hope, but at the same time, it gives new hope! And this new hope is much closer to the truth!
- Living life knowing the facts and the truth about male and female nature gives hope.
- Becoming familiar with the probable outcomes of a wide array of choices helps you devise an optimal strategy for making decisions about women, marriage, and life in general.
- Learning Scott’s Axiom and how to read IOIs can get your foot in the door to a relationship.
- Becoming well versed in women’s habits of branch swinging, gaslighting, hamsterbating, projection, solipsism, and so on, allows you to watch out for those things and take preemptive action. It also allows you to recognize a woman who is NOT doing those things and who might be a keeper.
- Knowing why you can’t “make it with the girls” gives you a new set of choices about what to do with your life.
Now, TALKING about the facts and the truth about male and female nature is what makes people feel hopeless, because their hopes are built on Blue Pilled delusions. CH called these delusions “pretty lies”, and that is exactly what they are.
Feeriker wrote a good comment on this point.
“There is a very fine line between hope and (self-)delusion. The RP can be, and often is, a very bitter pill to swallow. Yet if everyone swallowed it (or had it forced down their throats), would not the realities it laid bare for both sexes ultimately compel most sane people –again, of both sexes— to adapt to reality, to adjust their expectations, to recognize the untenable nature of the status quo, and thus, in coping, find some degree of inner peace where none previously existed?
The problem, of course, is that both sexes would have to swallow the RP in large numbers for anything to change. I think it’s safe to say that the earth will suddenly reverse its rotational direction before that ever happens.”
Unfortunately, Feeriker is right. The most we can do is talk about Red Pill to those men who are ready for it. And no, not all men are ready for it. As Rock and Red Pill Boomer pointed out, some men and women are actually better off without it! But there are some men who would be infinitely better off knowing.
TALKING about Red Pill is not and can never be mainstream.
Everybody “gets” Red Pill. It’s just that no one wants men to talk about Red Pill.
As I mentioned in the last section, TALKING about the facts and the truth about male and female nature makes people feel hopeless because their hopes are built on Blue Pilled delusions. But there are more reasons why no one wants to TALK about these things in public.
- It holds a mirror up to women and forces them to look at what they do and how it affects others.
- It discredits women.
- It makes clear that some of what women do is untrustworthy, unsavory, and unseemly.
- It holds them up to judgment and rejection.
Women honestly and truly believe men don’t have a right to judge them, reject them, have standards for them, or hold them to standards. They vehemently hate it when lower tier men try to impose standards on them.
The reason no one wants to do this is because…
- Women absolutely HATE it when you point out to women the crappy things they do.
- Women absolutely HATE it when men tell the truth about what they do.
- Women absolutely HATE being judged and rejected by men – especially men they think are beneath them.
Because that’s “being mean to women”. That’s “lying about women”, “misogyny”, and “toxic masculinity”, et cetera, ad hamster hoc, and ad insane san finitum.
So that’s why Red Pill doesn’t get talked about, even though a lot more men understand it than when I was a young man.
That’s why we don’t see Red Pill concepts streaming on CNN or NPR or the Saturday morning cartoons. We never will. (That’s what I think some people mean by “mainstream”, as in “mainstream narrative”.) We might see some manifestations of it, but only if we’re already aware of it and are looking for it. But the core ideas are, and will always be the elephant in the room, something everyone knows but refuses to discuss. So they keep it neatly tucked away as if it were equivalent to profane language or pornography. (In some ways, it is.)
Women Resist the Red Pill Truth
As a form of self-defense against being exposed to this truth, and against the erosion of the gynapotheosis in general, women shame men. Women call men names. Women accuse low SMV men of chauvinism, misogyny, “thought crime”, etc. Women accuse high SMV men of “emotional rape”, emotional “unavailability”, cheating, being terrified of commitment, and so on.
The list goes on and on…
- “Toxic masculinity”
- “Masculinity is toxic”
- “Men need to man up!”
- “Man up and marry the sluts!”
- “Where are all the good men??”
- “Men are not preparing to get married!”
- “Men are just Peter Pan manboys who won’t grow up!”*
- “Men need to step up and be stepfathers to single moms’ kids.”
- If you won’t date or marry a fat/weird/mentally ill woman/slut, then… “You’re a bad, selfish, evil, misogynist.” / “You’re not a real Christian.” / “You need to check your heart.”
In general, men should be standing up to this femtalk, but the current status makes the best way to do this into something complicated, difficult, and risky for men. Many men are coming to the conclusion that the juice is just not worth the squeeze, and they walk away.
* Jack touched on this before in Redefining Manhood as Boyish Immaturity (2021 June 14).
The Red Pill is a short hand way of saying, “Know and internalize the truth”. The truth is, and always has been mainstream. Or at least the most important parts are. It’s just that most people don’t want to face it, and there are a multitude of social forces that try to cover it up.
DO NOT talk about The Red Pill to spaced out girls and Woke cucks who will run screaming from the room because they lack the courage to face the truth.
DO talk about The Red Pill to those individuals with whom we have the opportunity to do so, close trusted friends, men we are mentoring, and those women for whom we have a covenant responsibility, i.e. wives and daughters.
The number one symptom of Red Pill going mainstream is men walking away from marriage, men not preparing for marriage, and men going their own way (MGTOW).
That’s Red Pill.
As a side note to the ladies: If you want men, you’re going to have to give them something they actually want. You have to cooperate with them, and you have to give them a reason to stay with you long term. You need to be fit, feminine, friendly, submissive, cooperative, and enthusiastically sexual. If you cannot or will not do those things, men will keep on moving. We’re not going to put up with constant fighting and sexual deprivation from b!tchy, self-centered harridans topping from the bottom. We’re not taking on stepchildren. We’re not paying your credit card bills or student loans. In short, we’re not taking your BS anymore.
You can hate on this truth all you want. Knock yourself out with a grand mal hissy fit! But that’s the truth, and nothing is going to change this until you face up to it.
- Σ Frame (Jack): The Dispensation of the Red Pill (2018-04-07)
- Σ Frame (Blair Naso) Red Pill Political Correctness (2019-03-17)
- Σ Frame (Scott): What would the world be like if everyone was Red Pilled? (2021-03-13)
- Σ Frame (Lexet): Charting the Red Pill World (2021-03-26)
- Σ Frame (Lexet): Red Pill Grifters (2021-04-07)