An intellectual excursion into the complex, phenomenal, and funny.
In no particular order (except that which appears in the video).
- Introduction (0:00-2:42)
- One work of classic literature: The War of the Worlds, by H. G. Wells. (2:42-5:40)
- One scholarly piece of work that is accessible to normal people. — Jordan Peterson interviews Gad Saad. (5:40-23:37)
- One peer reviewed journal article. (23:37-24:44)
- One mindlessly entertaining book: The Righteous Mind, by Jonathan Haidt (24:44-31:57)
- One “meaty” video from my favorites, Biracial Dating is Complicated, from Key and Peele (31:57-32:30)
- A synopsis of my personal life, with a drawing of my wife. (32:30-34:05)
- A psychology topic: Obsessive Compulsive Disorder vs. Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder — Yes, there is a difference. (34:05-44:00)
This one is rather long at 44 minutes. So you might want to get comfortable before you start watching this. Or you can just pick out what you’re interested in by using the timestamps above.