This week’s ramblings.
It’s not just about sports nutrition, I promise. That’s only the first third.
0-0.33 — Introduction
0.33-12:19 — Fad Diets and Nutrition
12:19-14:15 — Comments about Joker at Better Bachelor (MGTOW) YouTube Channel
14:15-16:32 — Comments about James Lindsay at New Discourses (Paradox of tolerance; Herbert Marcusa’s political theories) YouTube Channel
16:32-17:19 — Comments about Zach Morris is Trash
17:19-24:05 — Diagnostic Criteria for Adjustment Disorders
24:05-25:04 — Personal life update and Closing
Correction: Karl Popper is responsible for the phrase “the paradox of tolerance”.
Basic Nutrition Principles
- Avoid processed foods
- Plenty of protein from lean/clean sources – supplement as needed
- Not all fat is created equal
- Carbs are your friend
- Fruits and vegetables
- Your goals matter
- Timing of macros (probably) matters
DSM 5 Diagnostic Criteria for an Adjustment Disorder
Personality disorders are a series of adjustment disorders that continually recur.
A. The development of emotional or behavioral symptoms in response to an identifiable stressor(s) occurring within 3 months of the onset of the stressor(s)
B. These symptoms or behaviors are clinically significant, as evidenced by one or both of the following:
- Marked distress that is out of proportion to the severity or intensity of the stressor, taking into account the external context and the cultural factors that might influence symptoms severity and presentation.
- Significant impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.
C. The stress related disturbance does not meet the criteria for another mental disorder and is not merely an exacerbation of a preexisting mental disorder.
D. The symptoms do not represent normal bereavement.
E. Once the stressor or its consequences have terminated, the symptoms do not persist for more than an additional 6 months.
We all have stressors, so it’s difficult to identify an adjustment disorder. A lot of the time, an adjustment disorder is only seen clearly in hindsight.
Zack Morris is Trash
- Σ Frame (Scott): How to open up the topic of personality disorders in conversation (2021 January 2)