The speaker in the video is David Hoffman, a filmographer who followed the lives of many noteworthy people (including many artists and musicians), and the historical events of his generation. He has seen a lot of life.
He has an important message to people in general, but especially to Millennials.
In addition to Hoffman’s message, I will add that the prospects for dating (or whatever else is going on nowadays), and marriage are abysmal. I can’t even advise marriage in good faith anymore. It’s that bad!
The church is declining in popularity because, in general, it’s not offering truth in Biblical teaching, and it’s not offering community involvement. In sum, it’s not offering anything of value to the younger generations. (I’m sure there are exceptions, but good luck finding them.)
When I see people like Biden, Clinton, Warren, being held up as presidential candidates, I feel embarrassed for the younger generations.
When I see the likes of Jordan Peterson being idolized, I feel afraid for the future.
When I see reports of how socialism is becoming more acceptable to younger Americans, and the popularity of Bernie Sanders, I have to think, is this the best they can hope for in life?
I hate to admit it, but Millennials have a pretty $h!tty existence.
- Longer working hours.
- Higher rent and cost of living.
- No sense of employer loyalty.
- No social security solvency.
- No church community.
- No serious opportunities for dating/marriage.
- Shamed out of having any sense of male dignity.
- Prospects of having a family are slim.
- No hope of ever owning a house.
- Constant wars in the news.
- An increase in mental disorders and suicide.
Remember, the closer you live to the city dump, the less you notice the smell.
I would never tolerate living in such a society. If it were me, I would get the #e11 out of there.
Oh yeah… That’s exactly what I did, fifteen years ago!
Wake up and smell the
coffee napalm. Roasties in your cup.
Or as the Boomer’s would say, “Bye bye, Miss American pie…”
Millennials only have a remnant of culture left, so for them, it’s just, “‘Murican pie.”
- Business Insider (Hillary Hoffower): 50% of millennials have left a job for mental-health reasons (2019-10-8)
- Business Insider (Hillary Hoffower and Allana Akhtar): Lonely, burned out, and depressed: The state of millennials’ mental health entering the 2020s (2019-12-17)