Are women absolved from desire? Or are they even more depraved than men?
This essay was submitted by the author of Lexet Iustitia, and was first published on 2018 October 5. An expanded, coauthored version appears here with the author’s permission.
* * * * *
In Christian circles, there is a saying, “men are tempted to lust, and women are tempted to be lusted after”. I have heard this type of commentary outside of the Christian community as well. There are plenty of blogs and ministries dedicated to Christian women who have the opinion that women cannot lust, and that lust is only a male problem.
When pornography, fornication, or any other sexual issues come up, they are solely addressed to the men, especially younger men. Never have I ever seen a church address female impropriety or immodesty. S1ut shaming is absolutely verboten. Quite frankly, those few times I have seen this issue raised, the men are put on the defensive for bringing it up to begin with. The unspoken rule of most churches is that, if a woman chooses to wear a bikini to a church function, then she is welcome to do so. If that makes you “stumble”, then that is your problem! They may as well say that women should be allowed to be as sexual as they like, and that men are sinful if women’s sexuality gives them a boner any ideas.
Many men in Christian (and secular) circles eagerly accept this logic, as it fits in the broader narrative that men need to, or should, pursue women, while women wait to be pursued, and respond to a man’s initiation.
However, I do not believe this narrative is true, nor is it Biblical, nor is it an accurate generalization about the nature of men and women, as well as relationships.
Let’s take a closer look at what it really means to lust.
Lust: A very strong sexual desire; to have a strong sexual desire for someone. To Crave, or Covet.
I’ll introduce several theories of Lust, in which Lust is presumed to manifest according to different styles of expression. I welcome any and all discussion as to other possible theories.
Active vs. Passive Lust
Active Lust is defined as the lust which initiates, while Passive Lust is the recipient expression of lust. Men are characterized as having Active Lust, but men can experience Passive Lust as well. Likewise, Passive Lust appears when prurient women are tempted to be sexually desired and objectified, but some women do take the initiative to engage in Active Lust. Women may express lust in a different manner than men, but nevertheless, both sexes lust.
Lust for Lust
Building on the previous concept, it is presumed that those engaging in Passive Lust (i.e. women) receive a different type of payoff in being passive. Thus, while both sexes may lust in their respective ways, women take lust to the next level, in that they invite and exacerbate the Active Lust of men.
Why do women provoke the sexual proclivities of men, and purposefully lead them into temptation?
- It’s fun and easy to do.
- It generates topics for female gossip.
- Women receive pleasure and excitement in knowing that someone is lusting for them. Red Pill lore typically labels this response as “affirmation” (of the woman’s SMV).
- Women can preselect male partners through an estimation of how desperate the men are. Men who are less concupiscent are perceived to be more mature, have more sexual opportunity, and thus, a higher SMV.
- Women may provoke men into lust in order to explore sexual opportunities while still presenting a plausible deniability, which speaks to the cunning nature behind the carnal salaciousness of the female sex.
- Women may also entice men to lust as a tactic in a power game. Desire and neediness reduces one’s power and confidence. So, men who are stalled in lustful desire are more easily dominated and controlled by women.
Overall, the female lust for male lust is basically a lust for soft power. This is most clearly seen in the way many women prefer to wear sexually revealing clothing, and even compete with each other in doing so. Again, while both sexes may have a specific tendency, both sexes can lust in either way.
A third, and possibly more probable theory is that both sexes lust, and both like to be pursued. This is seen in the Push-Pull dynamic, where the man and woman take turns alternating between Active and Passive modes.
The focus of lust may not be limited to attraction, romance, Tingles, or sexual intercourse. Lust may be embodied in a desire for an abstract ideal. This sinful longing for an ideal can be found in certain cases of The Sinful Savior Complex, and women’s Hypergamous Addiction to Choosing, which often culminates in prolific promiscuity and/or branch swinging. Although it could be argued that all lust is idolatrous in nature, the abstract form of lust is exceedingly damaging to a person’s psyche, mainly because it can be nurtured independent from the logistical interaction with a partner, and carried on through years of dissolution.
Women Lust, And Aren’t “Special” or Morally Superior
It is obvious that women lust, in that they have sexual desires for certain men. 17% of women struggle with a porn addiction, and 1/3 of all traffic to adult websites are females. Few ministries acknowledge that women lust, but at least some are finally acknowledging this.
Women get a kick out of being pursued, even by men they are not attracted to. Any man who has dated, or has female friends, knows that women will string men along, collect orbiters, and play games. This trait is not unique to women either. Men fantasize about being lusted after, and this is the general plot of just about every porn video. However, women are more proactive and regularly act upon their desire to be desired.
Even in the Christian community, women dress provocatively. Then they blame and shame those men who address the issue. The sad reality is that men in modern churches have no objection to their wives and daughters dressing like whores. I attend a conservative church, and it is an absolute disgrace that men allow their daughters to dress like attention seeking whores to church. Perhaps this is one symptom of the complementarian system, resulting from the way men/fathers lose their self–respect and sense of shame.
Biblical examples of Female Lust
Female lust is by no means a transgression unique to modern society. There are many examples of female sexual impropriety in the Bible. Here are provided several examples of female lust mentioned in the Bible.
- One can say that Eve was visually stimulated by the fruit of the tree: “…so when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise…” (Genesis 3:6)
- “…after some time [Joseph’s] master’s wife cast her eyes on Joseph and said, “sleep with me.” (Genesis 39:7); “She caught him by his garment, saying, “lie with me.” (Genesis 39:12)
- “…do not let her captivate you with her eyes” (Proverbs 6:25) describes a woman tempting a man to lust.
- “…but a married woman hunts down a precious life.” (Proverbs 6:26) describes the behavior of an adulteress.
- “…an adulteress is a narrow well. Like a robber she lies in wait and multiplies the faithless among men…” (Proverbs 23:27).
- “…God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged normal sexual relations for unnatural ones.” (Romans 1:26).
In the Bible, whenever Israel rebelled against God’s commands, Israel is always portrayed as an unfaithful wife, or a prostitute. This speaks to the nature of these subjects: Israel, lecherous wives, and prostitutes.
- “…you adulterous wife! You receive strangers instead of your own husband! […] Men give gifts to all their prostitutes, but you gave gifts to all your lovers. You bribed them to come to you from everywhere for your illicit favors…” (Ezekiel 16:32)
- “…all for the countless whorings of the prostitute, graceful and of deadly charms…” (Nahum 3:4)
Ezekiel 23 describes two lascivious women (Oholah and Oholibah, representing Judah and Israel respectively) who played the whore in Assyria, Babylon, and Egypt. This is the most graphic description of lust in the Bible, and more sexually explicit than the Song of Solomon. Some very graphic excerpts follow.
- They “played the whore in their youth. Oholah… lusted after her lovers, the Assyrians, warriors clothed in purple, governors and commanders, all of them desirable young men, horsemen riding on horses. She bestowed her whoring upon them, the choicest men of Assyria, all of them, and she defiled herself with all the idols of everyone after whom she lusted. She did not give up her whoring that she had begun in Egypt; for in her youth men had lain with her and handled her virgin bosom and poured out their whoring lust upon her. Therefore, I delivered her into the hands of her lovers, into the hands of the Assyrians, after whom she lusted. These uncovered her nakedness…” (Ezekiel 23:6)
- Her sister Oholibah saw this, and she became more corrupt than her sister in her lust and in her whoring, which was worse than that of her sister. She lusted after the Assyrians, governors and commanders, warriors clothed in full armor, horsemen riding on horses, all of them desirable young men. And I saw that she was defiled; they both took the same way. But she carried her whoring further. She saw men portrayed on the wall… when she saw them, she lusted after them and sent messengers to them in Chaldea. When she carried on her whoring so openly and flaunted her nakedness, I turned in disgust from her, as I had turned in disgust from her sister. Yet she increased her whoring, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the whore in the land of Egypt, and lusted after her lovers there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses. Thus you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when the Egyptians handled your bosom and pressed your young breasts.” (Ezekiel 23:10)
These Biblical descriptions of c0ck crazed, nymphotic women make it crystal clear that women do lust, even more intensely and passionately than men do. But this is seldom mentioned by anyone, especially Christians in “polite society”. Why not? I’ll offer the following reasons.
- The passionate lust underlying female sexual desire is inherently sensual, self-centered, and effectually boundless.
- Discussing female desire socially undergirds this peculiar weakness of women, which can become an embarrassment when revealed.
- When female sexual desire is expressed in it’s full glory, it is absolutely obscene, even profane. Men’s lust, in comparison, is a candle next to a blazing forest fire.
- The natural culmination of female lust often results in adultery, jealousy, shame, and even abortion and murder.
- Once overtaken by their desires, women will pursue enthralling raptures at any cost, even until marriage and the family, and society by extension, has been completely destroyed.
As you can see, it would not be polite to discuss any of the above matters as facts. But western societies go so far as to deny these facts in an effort to confer “dignity” on women, even in cases where dignity has been abandoned. Problems arise when this same obfuscation also enables lubricous women to continue their practices of whoredom.
Once you’ve let the pussycat out of the bag, it’s nearly impossible to contain again. This is partly why virginity has always been valued in stable societies.
Resolving the risks of potential social catastrophes while simultaneously conferring dignity on women cannot be achieved through passive permissiveness and denial. Wiser societies which recognize the overwhelming, d@mning power of the female libido go to great lengths to enforce cultural limitations, such as propriety in raiment, segregation of sexes, and ceremonious customs in social intercourse, especially in rituals surrounding courtship and marriage.
But as long as the Feminine Imperative dominates control of the social ontology, such constraints will be scorned as “outdated” or as “Patriarchal oppression”, and will never be instituted. This is only further proof of the gynocentric exigency of female Lust.
- Σ Frame: My Dating Experiences in College (2018 March 25)
- Σ Frame: Things I Learned About Women in College (2018 April 4)
- Σ Frame: Why do Christian women have the reputation of being whores? (2019 February 23)
- Σ Frame: Yet another variety of Internet Whoring (2019 October 9)