One of the most basic qualities of human nature is the fact that we are full of desires. We desire money, we desire love, we desire relationships, we desire political freedoms, we desire success, we desire honor, etc.
But the conflict of our desires is a big source of disparity, dissonance and desperation, which makes us resemble brute animals competing for resources and opportunities!
Simultaneously, human beings need a sense of self-worth, dignity and respect, so we have invented “formality” as a way to glorify our innate human quality of desire with a sense of honor.
Thus, logic, organization and order become valuable in self-expression, and it becomes necessary to observe rules of etiquette and discuss topics such as goals, purposes and processes in a non-subjective manner.
Those who have a mature view of formality, recognize it as a venue in which their deepest heart-felt desires may be expressed with honor and determination in a social setting.
- Follow Σ Frame on WordPress.com
Top Posts & Pages
- What To Do When A Girl Tries To Make You Jealous
- 16 Qualities of an Irresistible Woman
- How to play off the “I’m a lesbian” line
- 50 Shades of Discipline in Marriage
- Disciplined, Submissive, Happy Wives
- Discipline in Marriage
- What is the Red Pill?
- Sexual Market Value (SMV) vs. Marriage Market Value (MMV)
- How to Understand Guys with Asperger's or Autism
- The Tone Police – to protect and serve the rabble